Grease 2 Movie Secrets
- Grease 2 was filmed almost entirely at Norwalk, California’s Excelsior High School. What isn’t widely known is that the schools Administrative Offices were used for all the production offices during filming.
- During the filming of the movie, certain cast members did some wild things, such as, streaking across the closed campus.
- Michelle Pfeiffer spent alot of her spare time on the set knitting.
- Maxwell Caulfield celebrated his 22nd birthday during the filming of the movie. Michelle Pfeiffer helped him cut his birthday cake.
- Kenickie was originally supposed to be in the film according to the movie script, he was to play the manager at the famous Bowl-a-rama.
- Brunswick supplied all the bowling equipment for the film. The T-Birds and Pink Ladies’ balls were specially created for the movie. The outside casing of the balls were made of plastic but the insides were styrofoam and weighed only 2 lbs. so the cast could dance with them in the Score Tonight sequence! (Thanks Mike!)
- In the Widescreen edition of Grease 2, during the luau scene, if you look closely prior to nightfall, the camera shows all the kids dancing around the pool and you can see Michael sitting on the side of the pool eating cotton candy.
- Michael can be seen as one of the raft carriers while walking Johnny and Stephanie into the pool, during the luau.
- Annette Funicello was originally cast as the female teacher opposite Tab Hunter.
- In the original script, Johnny’s last name is spelled Nogerilli, rather than Nogerelli.
- In the original movie script, draft dated October 13, 1981, at the beginning of the movie when Michael first meets the T-Birds, the locker he tries to open would have had Danny & Sandy carved into the door and when opened, the locker would have played music, namely, “You’re the one that I Want” as well as pictures of Danny and Sandy.
- View Grease 2 stats for the summer of 1982!
- Michael’s bike in the film was a Honda 305 Scrambler and was built from the ground up. In fact, since the bike was over 20 years old, special parts had to be ordered straight from the Honda Motor Co.
- The park scenes were filmed locally, at El Dorado Park. This park is huge and its property includes a nature walk.
- Matt Lattanzi was one of the finalists up for the role of Davey Jaworski which ultimately went to Leif Green.
- At the end of the opening Back to School Again sequence, the guy carrying the giant bass, actor Michael DiMente, walks past the T-Birds and says “excuse me” but his mouth isn’t moving, turns out his voice was over dubbed into the scene after it was shot.
- Before filming began, the cast were put through wardrobe tryouts to get into character.
- All content on this pages have been told to me or researched by me over the past 30 years and may not be reproduced in any other forum or internet site.
All content on this page is © www.gease2.net and may not be reposted on any other website. | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED